Wednesday, October 5, 2016

All things are possible...baby #5.

We are hopeful, terrified, cautious, and also very happy and thankful to announce that we found out last week we are pregnant again.  ❤

Barely pregnant...so soon I have not had an ultrasound yet and at the stage where anything can and often does happen. But lets be real...we know all too well that a baby can be lost at any point. There really isn't any safe zone. And my thoughts are, whether we get to bring this baby home with us next year or lose it at 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 17 weeks, or any other time between now and then, I want him or her celebrated, and above all, prayed for.  If the unthinkable happens to us again, I will want and need the support again, regardless of how far along. 

We will NOT, however, be telling the kids until much, much, MUCH later.  They do not need to re live that experience if I can at all help it. 

So here we are. A little bit pregnant. They have done 3 sets of beta hcg levels (the pregnancy hormone) and they are so far on track and rising appropriately.  I'm probably 4-5 weeks along.  I'm on baby aspirin and will be starting an injectable blood thinner tomorrow to try to protect this baby from any clots in the placenta (which is what they believe led to Aidiliy's death).  

Ultrasound in 2 weeks to check for a heartbeat...

Praying and hoping to be holding a screaming baby in about 8 months, and for now, just happy to be pregnant! 🙏🙏🙏💜💜

No comments:

Post a Comment